Friday, May 6, 2011

Room redo: Kids room

Well look at me sucking at being a better blogger haha. That idea lasted about two weeks I think. Oh well, at least I came back...eventually...again :) And I'm way excited to show one of the things I've been up to!
My love's daughter is almost four years old and was in a room that still had baby toys, and care bear decorations EVERYWHERE. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some care bears, just not in the randomly placed wall decal and bedding set form.
I wanted to redo her room and since we don't have her with us all the time I decided to do it when she was away and surprise her! I figured out what I wanted to do with the space and bought all the things I needed, but put it off (surprise, surprise) for about a month. I couldn't decided if I wanted to paint the walls or leave them white, but monday morning I had a
moment of inspiration and left for the paint store before I got distracted! I'm so glad I did because the room only took me a day and a half to complete and I am in love with it! I've been going in to admire it at least 3 (..10) times a day haha. So without further ado, here are the before and after pictures----

BEFORE:
blah.
Her room isn't this messy normally, this was after I decided to paint and I piled all of her stuff in the middle of the room.
Just randomly place care bears on boring white walls.


AFTER:
I've since added polka dot curtains that I made out of the top sheet from her new bedding. I figure kids always kick those to the bottom of the bed anyway so I might as well get better use out of them!
I got rid of any baby toys and put larger toys in the closet so that there isn't a lot of clutter around the room. The doll house and easel get the most use so those stayed out.
So there it is! Hope you like!
We're actually surprising her with it in a few hours, I'm excited! Hopefully she loves it! If not maybe I'll sleep in there! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment