Sigh. I am currently way behind in my online class, so what do i do? Catch up? pfft no, distract myself with this of course! Why i ever thought taking an online class would be a good idea is beyond me. Procrastination, you win this time..
Fill in the blank friday, found over at the little things we do, is always fun to read because quite a few of the blogs i follow play along as well. I've only done one other, but this one is about music so i had to join in.
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is "Lucky" by Britney Spears. haha ew. My best friend and I made a dance to it (along with every other song ever created) and it was on constant repeat for a few months i think. We were so dramatic and ridiculous when we sang along with it, and I have a feeling we'd still do the same if we heard it now.
2. My first concert ever was Delirious played at my church my freshman year, but the first concert in a venue i went to was Switchfoot my sophomore year. For how much i LOVE music i still can't believe i didn't go to a concert until high school.
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Oh geez..Passion Pit, Iron & Wine, Brand New, The Shins, Bon Iver, Underoath, She & Him, Chromeo, John Mayer, Ray LaMontagne, Lykke Li, Dave Matthews Band, Ben Folds, City and Colour, A Fine Frenzy, Noah and the Whale, Vampire Weekend, Thrice, One Republic. And at that point i would die of amazing music overload...and be completely ok with that.
4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is hmm..i do not know. i feel like iron & wine would be good make out music cause it's really good mellow background music..plus the lyrics are pretty sweet..but i suppose you wouldn't really be listening to the lyrics if you were making out with someone...i hope.
5. The best concert I've ever been to was I think John Mayer has definitely been the most impressive musician i've seen live..his guitar skills are pretty amazing. But Warped Tour 04 was really fun..Lots of bands, lots of sun, good friends. Aside from almost being crushed to death in the My Chemical Romance pit it was awesome..those chick fans are C-R-A-Z-Y.
6. A memorable musical moment for me was Dave Matthews at the Gorge last year. Holy amazing concert batman. I couldn't stand DMB for the longest time, but when they released GrooGrux King, I kinda started liking them so I agreed to go to the Gorge show and am now in love. Every musician in that band is so ridiculously talented it blew my mind. That actually might be up there for best concert i've been to.
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is probably "Electric Twist" by A Fine Frenzy, "I'm Good, I'm Gone" by Lykke Li, and "Sleepyhead" by Passion Pit. Basically they all just make me want to have a dance party with Ellen :)
Current Song: Better by Regina Spektor
this video is so cute
current awesome photo: Unicorn Meat
ok normally I put photographs that are artistic and whatnot...but this just made me laugh.